Monday, July 7, 2008

Habits of mind

The habits of mind means "Having a disposition toward behaving intelligently when confronted with problems the answers to which are not immediately known"
There are many habits of mind that may apply to every day life and in my life there are three that I feel apply to me Persistence ,Managing Impulsivity,and Listening with Empathy and Understanding these are just some of the ones I feel apply to my everyday life. These habits apply to me in daily life because I am very constant with accomplishing a goal and I normally try my hardest to complete a task that I start this is Persistence.
The next habit applies when thinking about the task at hand I normally try my best to stay calm and think of all possible ways that can help accomplish the task I also look towards the words of my friends before coming to an conclusion this is known as Managing Impulsivity.
The last habit is listening and understanding this takes place in many peoples daily lives this plays a big role in my life because I normally am the person my friends come to with problems and I always listen before I answer because I try and look deeper into there words to find the answer. I look for feeling behind the words that are said I also look for any act of motion in the things they say so that I am able to help them in there problems or in a task that they are in the middle of accomplishing this is also known as Listening with Empathy and Understanding.

No comments: