Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Why We Lie.

In every day life there is a lie it could be in a magazine a news paper even in a history book but the question is why do we lie if we know that lying never gets us no were .....well today I read something and there was 4 reasons why children lie.
The first one was Fear- fear is a reason people lie and the reason for lying is that it sounds better then the truth and it also may keep you from the wrath of your parents from what i could understand.
The second reason was Habit Also known as Habitual lying - habits are made from a person doing a thing over and over again so it sorta sticks the best thing to do is to have a good bond with your children or even give them a chance to come clean with out harsh punishment so that there's no need to lie nor a way to create a habit of lying as well.
The third reason was Modelling - modelling is done within the own home when a child see's a parent lying then the child tends to do the same because they think its ok to do. It is also done out side of homes as well this happens when some one a child looks up to lies about somthing the child knows was not true the child thinks that its not such a" big deal".
And our last lie is Overprediction Also known as "white lies" - overprediction is done alot even in my own life because people tend to think that if they dont lie then there parents wont let them do some of the things that they want to do but if the parents would give us as children a chance and give us less restrictions then I think there would be less overprediction lies this way we know that theres more of a 50% chance of a yes we would also like to know that some of our parents desitions are negotiable. I placed the picture to the left because at times we all think like this
I agree with the thoughts behind why children lie because
I tend to feel that was at times for example if I know my mom might not alow me to go out and just hang with friends I would just ask to stay at a friends house so that she would know nothing about me being out late with friends. Most of the times I lie like this is because of the overprediction or fear that she would say no I also think the reason we as children do this is because we think that our parents would just never understand and this is because they try and make them selves look great knowing that they have done some of the same things we are doing.
I will admit that though I lie there have bin a number of times that lying has gotten me in real big truble but mostly with my parents and though i lie its only because my mom wont lestion to reason.
There is another article i read and in this article it gave another 4 reasons for lying some simiilar to the other article but there was two that made me think one was lies ment to be a Joke another was Deceptive Gain these made me think because in some cases I would lie but not in the intention of harming or deceiving the person maybe just to have a good laugh or trick them into some prank I came up with.As to the Deceptive Gain this makes me think because i dont know why but people tend to do this alot mostly in a relasionship the person would cheat for him or her own personal gain not thinking of how the other person might think or mybe how harmful it was to there partner this makes me think because I wanna know why and what goes through the persons mind at the moment he or she thinks for his or her own gain.I placed this picture here becuse this is sorta how people tend to think of there own gain for dates or just to please the other sex and I have seen it done alot amugst friends .

No comments: